Section News & Events
Check back for more details.
Gaming Law Section Virtual Town Hall Meeting
“Into the Unknown: The Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Nevada’s Gaming Industry.”
NEVADA GAMING LAW INDEX, SECOND EDITION
After 20 years since the first edition was released, the Gaming Law Section of the State Bar of Nevada has published the second edition of the Nevada Gaming Law Index. This legal research book is a must have for Nevada lawyers—it provides a compilation of case law (state and federal), as well as Nevada Attorney General Opinions on Nevada gaming law and related topics. The information provided can be easily accessed using the keywords/phrases in the table of contents at the front or by legal citations in the table of authorities in the back. The Index also has commentary from Tony Alamo, M.D., chairman of the Nevada Gaming Commission alongside several other gaming law experts.
The Nevada Gaming Law Practice and Procedure Manual provides attorneys, regulators, and other administrators with a detailed guide to the practice of gaming law in Nevada. Written and edited by expert attorneys with decades of experience in the practice of gaming law, this reference manual includes 18 chapters covering topics such as licensing, financing, gaming devices, race and sports books, compliance reporting requirements, interactive gaming, and much more.
The Nevada Gaming Law Practice and Procedure Manual is produced by the State Bar of Nevada’s Gaming Law Section. It is available as a softcover book and as a digital PDF.
Pro Bono Gaming Employee Registration Program – Brochure. This brochure is intended to assist lawyers who volunteer to provide free legal representation to indigent clients seeking to exercise their appeal rights under NRS 463.335(11) and Regulation 5.109 in response to the Nevada Gaming Control Board’s objection to his or her registration as a gaming employee. This brochure provides FAQs, a procedural overview and factors to consider when evaluating an assigned case.
About the Section
First, to enhance the role and skills of lawyers engaged in the practice of gaming law through study, collection, development and dissemination of material on subjects of interest to the gaming practitioner. Secondly, members assist, when called upon by the Board of Governors of the State Bar of Nevada, in formulating, administering and implementing programs, forums, and other activities for the education of members of the State Bar of Nevada in matters pertaining to gaming laws and regulation. Thirdly, members act upon all matters germane to its purposes as so described or referred to it by the Board of Governors.
Chair: Jeff Rodefer E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Executive Committee Biographies Staff Liaison: Robert Horne Board Liaison: Brittnie Watkins Dues: Annual dues are $25
- 2022 – February,
- 2021 – February, October,
- 2020 – March, May 11, May 22, November 12
- 2019 – February, April, December
- 2018 – February, April, May, September, December
- 2017 – March, April, May, June, August, October
- 2016 – February, April, May, June, September, November, November
- 2015 – February, May, June, September
- 2014 – February, May, August, October
- 2013 – March, April, September
- 2012 – February, May, September
- 2011 – January, May, September, December
- 2010 – January, May, September
- 2009 – January, May, October
- 2008 – February, June, October
- 2007 – February, June, October
- 2006 – March, June, September
- 2005 – March, April, May, October
- 2004 – February, June, December
- 2021 – First Quarter, Second Quarter, Third Quarter, Fourth Quarter
- 2020 – First Quarter, Second Quarter, Third Quarter, Fourth Quarter
- 2019 – First Quarter, Second Quarter, Third Quarter, Fourth Quarter
Amicus Brief Standing Committee
- Lou Dorn
- Audrey P. Damonte, Esq.
- P. Gregory Giordano
- Andrew D. Moore, Esq.
- Rosa Solis-Rainey, Esq.
- Dan R. Reaser
- Jennifer Roberts
- Jeffrey R. Rodefer
- Scott Scherer
- Robert B. Ziems
Nevada Gaming Lawyer