Section News & Events:
Check back for more updates.
About the Section:
The purposes of the Litigation Section are to:
- Provide a forum for the improvement of law and procedure in the field of litigation in civil and criminal areas;
- Provide a forum addressed to the problems and interest of the trial practitioner who specializes in the spectrum of civil litigation, without limitation to a particular substantive area;
- Provide a forum addressed to the problems and interest of the trial practitioner who specializes in the spectrum of criminal trial practice;
- Promote the sound development of ethical and professional litigation practices and procedures;
- Assist the judiciary in enhancing the administration of justice in the area of civil litigation and criminal procedure;
- Support and enhance the art of trial and appellate advocacy; and
- Act upon all matters germane to its purpose as so described or referred to by the Board of Governors.
Download the Litigation Section Bylaws (last updated 7/25/2013)
Committee of Legal Education Pertaining to Criminal and Civil Areas
Committee on Civil and Appellate Procedure
Committee on Ethics and Professionalism
Staff Liaison: Judi De Marco
Board Liaison: Richard Dreitzer
Annual dues are $30.