New Incubator Class Launches March 4, 2022 – Apply Now!
If you are new to the practice of law – or looking to enter private practice for the first time in your career – get the mentoring and resources you need through the Handle|BAR Incubator Program.
This program is designed for those with an entrepreneurial spirit and enthusiasm about serving low-and modest-income clients.
- Furnished office and meeting room space within the State Bar of Nevada’s Las Vegas and Reno offices.
- Free CLE.
- Weekly mentoring, education and tips on how to start and build your practice from our practice management advisor.
- Support from the state bar’s business partners.
- Information from experienced attorneys who have opened their own practices.
- Sessions with judges on tips from the bench.
- Purchase and maintain appropriate malpractice insurance – minimum amount of $250,000 per occurrence/$500,000 aggregate.
- One-year commitment with a $3,000 program fee (scholarships will be available).
- Provide at least 10 hours of pro bono service through a Nevada legal aid organization per month.
- Commit to providing services to modest means clients through the State Bar of Nevada’s (SBN) Lawyer Referral Services program.
- Share metrics and other information as requested by the SBN to gauge program success.
- Acknowledge that the attorney practices independently from the SBN. This relationship would also be reflected in the participants written fee agreement with their clients.
- Maintain a license and stay in good standing with the SBN.
You must be ready to submit your resume and Statement when you submit this form.
Prepare a 1-2 page statement on why you would like to participate in the Incubator program, why you should be selected and why you want to be a solo or small-firm practitioner. Please include your career goals for the next 3-5 years as well.
Deadline for applications is February 4, 2022.