On Tuesday, Jan. 26, 2021, the Nevada Supreme Court issued several orders scheduling public hearings for 1:30 p.m. on Tues., March 2, 2021, regarding the following administrative orders:
- ADKT 0575: Regarding a petition seeking to amend the rules governing Alternate Dispute Resolution and the Short Trial Rules regarding compensation for attorneys, mediators and arbitrators, and seeking to amend Nevada Rule of Civil Procedure 68 to allow offers of judgment to be considered in awarding attorney fees in arbitration proceedings.
- ADKT 0574: Regarding a petition seeking to amend Rule of Professional Conduct 1.5 to allow remittance of unclaimed or unidentified property in an interest-bearing trust account to the Nevada Bar Foundation.
- ADKT 0573: Regarding a petition seeking to amend Supreme Court Rules (SCRs) 222-228 regarding the organization and function of the Standing Committee on Ethics and Professional Responsibility.
- ADKT 0572: Regarding a petition seeking to amend SCRs 81-84 and SCR 90 regarding the timeframe for elections to the State Bar of Nevada Board of Governors.
- ADKT 0571: Regarding a petition from the Court Improvement Program requesting the adoption of standardized forms related to the protection of children from abuse and neglect.
- ADKT 0411: Regarding a request to conclude the Indigent Defense Commission.
The public hearings will be virtual and can be viewed at www.nvcourts.gov/supreme.
Persons interested in participating in the hearings or submitting written comments must notify the clerk no later than 5 p.m. on Mon. Feb. 22. Participation will be possible via www.bluejeans.com – login information is available in the ADKTs.
Written comments must be submitted to Elizabeth A. Brown, Clerk of the Supreme Court, 201 S. Carson St., Carson City, NV 89701. Comments and requests to participate may also be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.