On June 2, 2022, the Eighth Judicial District Court issued Administrative Order (AO) 22-09 modifying current case assignments, particularly those related to juvenile delinquency and dependency matters. The order also addresses a case reassignment in the Civil-Criminal Division due to a new Chief Judge starting July 1.
According to the order:
- The current delinquency caseload handled by Department A will be reassigned to Department I.
- Department L will retain its current delinquency case load.
- Future emancipation, work permit and release of names petitions will be randomly assigned to one of the two delinquency departments.
- Department I will continue its assignment to the DAAY Court.
- Dependency cases from Departments L and I will be reassigned to Department G.
- The Department G caseload will be reassigned to Department A.
- The caseload currently assigned to Department 30 in the Civil/Criminal Division will be transferred to Department 7, with the exception of cases in the TAP/OPEN Specialty Court Program.
For more information, see AO 22-09.