Temporary Court Procedures for North Las Vegas Township Justice Court: Jury Trials Rescheduled 30 Days
On March 18, 2020, the North Las Vegas Township Justice Court issued Administrative Order 2020-02, making alterations to court procedures for the protection of the community from risks related to COVID-19.
The alterations include:
- Rescheduling all jury trials previously set for the next 30 days as the court calendar allows. No prospective jurors are to appear;
- Conducting non-essential court hearings by video or teleconference;
- Suspending issuance of defaults on civil actions, orders for the examination of a judgment debtor, writs of execution;
- Limiting attendance at criminal in-custody hearings to attorneys and witnesses. Hearings may also be handled by alternative means, such as teleconference;
- Continuing criminal out-of-custody hearings and all traffic matters for a minimum of 60 days;
- Closing the customer service window for filings, with some exceptions;
- And more.
See the text of the order for additional information.