First Judicial District Court Issues Operation Plan
On Tuesday, May 12, the First Judicial District Court sent a letter to the Washoe County Bar Association detailing its current operation plan related to the COVID-19 pandemic. The court is operating, and is reviewing and modifying heavy court calendars.
According to the letter:
- The clerks’ offices are operating, with reduced hours, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Drop boxes are available at the Carson City Courthouse for document delivery.
- GoToMeeting is the preferred interface for remote appearance by video.
- Jury trials are postponed through June.
- Parties are limited to only one family member for support in the courtroom.
For more information see the court’s letter.