Attorneys seeking more information about issues concerning abuse, addiction and mental health problems are encouraged to take advantage of the following online resources - including links to related continuing legal education courses. Members in need of confidential services may contact Dr. Peter Mansky at (702) 257-6727.
Lawyers Group Meetings
NLAP provides a Lawyers Group every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. This group is closed to lawyers ONLY. Please call 702-257-6727 for location as the meeting location alternates. Calls may be made confidentially.
- Professional Alcoholics Anonymous Meetings in Nevada (closed door)
- Twenty Questions for Problem Drinkers
- Nevada Council on Problem Gambling
- Reno Problem Gambling Center
- Attorney Recovery Stories
- ABA Commission on Lawyer Assistance Programs
- National Resources
- Never Enough, Michael J. Burke GP | Solo Magazine
- Relapse After Long-Term Sobriety, Janet Piper Voss GP | Solo Magazine
- We're From the Bar and We're Here to Help You, John W. Clark, Jr. GP | Solo Magazine
Effective March 20, 2014, the Nevada Supreme Court amended Supreme Court Rule 210 regarding mandatory continuing legal education via ADKT 478. The order makes it mandatory for all active Nevada attorneys to take a minimum of one CLE hour once every three years on substance abuse, addictive disorders and or mental health issues. Credit must be earned in the first year of the three-year cycle, beginning in 2014.
Look for CLE offerings from the State Bar of Nevada with the A.A.M.H. code to fulfill this requirement.