Image description

Personal Injury FAQs

Accident & Injuries FAQs

What do I do if I’ve been injured in a car accident?
If you’ve been injured in a vehicle accident, get yourself and others to safety, immediately.  Call 911, regardless of the severity of the accident.  Medical help will be sent and the police will document evidence; this is much more effective than relying on “he said; she said.” later. If you feel you need a qualified personal injury attorney, call right away.  The attorney will send an investigator to the scene of the accident to document evidence, interview witnesses, and collect physical evidence; you will immediately have a team of experts on your side.  

Keep your doctor, insurance company, and personal injury attorney’s phone numbers in your cell phone for just such an emergency.  Take photos of the scene, weather conditions, signage, and damage to all vehicles with your cell phone.  Collect the names of witnesses and the other drivers, along with the other driver's car insurance information.  Report the accident to your insurance company.

I’ve been injured on the job.  Do I have to sue my employer?
In very limited circumstances, it is appropriate to sue your employer to recover for injuries; however, in most cases, suing your employer is not necessary.  You can receive compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and disability through the worker’s compensation system. 

image description