How to File Your Advertisement
- Each individual advertisement must be accompanied by the Mandatory Filing Form (if filing under NRPC 7.2A) or the Advertising Advance Opinion Request Form and fee (if filing under NRPC 7.2B). The mandatory filing form must be signed by the attorney who is responsible for the content of the advertisement.
- Advertisements filed under NRPC 7.2A must be submitted within 15 days of dissemination.
- All advertisements should be submitted via email in electronic format to the Advertising Administrator. Acceptable formats are: Adobe PDF, Microsoft WORD, Windows Media, etc.
- All print advertisements must be submitted in color. If the print advertisement is mailed to prospective clients, the filed submission should be accompanied by a copy of the front and back of the envelope in which it will be disseminated (in color).
- Any audio or video advertisement must be accompanied by a complete written transcript of the advertisement. Any non-English advertisement (audio, video or print) must also be accompanied by a complete English translation transcript.
Advanced (pre-dissemination) Advisory Opinion Request under NRPC 7.2B (voluntary)
If you wish to obtain an advanced opinion regarding your advertisement's compliance, you may submit a request under RPC 7.2B by filing an advanced opinion request form, along with a non-refundable $250 fee. The advertisement will be submitted for review and an opinion will be issued within thirty (30) days.
An advanced opinion of compliance is binding on all discipline panels, so long as all information provided to secure that opinion is true and not misleading.
A lawyer may request an expedited Advanced Advisory Opinion for an additional $250 fee.
Advertising in Nevada Lawyer
For information about advertising in the Nevada Lawyer magazine, visit the Nevada Lawyer page. You may also contact the State Bar of Nevada and ask for a member from the Publications Department for inquiries relating to Nevada Lawyer magazine.