In 2010, the State Bar of Nevada partnered with the Center for Research Design and Analysis (CRDA) at the University of Nevada, Reno, to conduct a detailed analysis of state bar membership demographics.
- In 2010, the State Bar of Nevada had 10,996 members, of which 7,940 members (72 percent) were active.
- In 2010, the average age of members was 45.9 years old. Members ranged in age from 24 to 96 years old.
- There are more men than women in the State Bar of Nevada - men accounted for 70 percent of the active membership in 2010.
- The average number of years bar members spent in practice in Nevada was 13.4 years in 2010.
- Most of the State Bar of Nevada's membership - 71.3 percent - practiced in Clark County in 2010. The next most populous counties were Washoe (19.5 percent) and Carson City (4.6 percent).
- The majority of Nevada attorneys (78 percent) were in private practice in 2010. In addition, 22 percent were in public practice.